What You’ll Do
- Coordinating and participating in the programming, implementation, testing, and support of web-based projects using the LAMP solution stack of software
- Programming, developing, and producing data-driven web applications, websites, and mobile apps using the latest technology solutions and software
- Consulting with clients and the account team to ensure the use of effective Internet-based technologies for enterprise business applications
- Debugging and problem solving across a wide variety of open-source and mobile platforms
- WebFX developers typically work on 60+ projects per year, so there is a high level of variety in work and two days are never the same!
- Our web-based projects use a variety of frameworksselected on a per-project basis.
- 60% website maintenance and debugging
- 35% building new functionality
- 5% consulting with other team members.
What We’re Looking For
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of database design and troubleshooting
- Strong understanding of software development life-cycle and best practices
- Strong English (written and verbal). Resume must be in English to be considered.
- Less than 1 year of open source web development
- Solid project-level experience with at least one open source CMS platform such as WordPress, Magento, Joomla, Drupal, etc.
- Experience with web-based programming languages
- Mobile app development and/or React Native experience
- Experience with cloud platforms
- Proficiency in a LAMP environment
- OOP and procedural programming methodologies
- Experience with CSS frameworks
- Git Version control (or other version control software)
- Package management and Task Runners (e.g. NPM, Yarn, Gulp, Grunt)
- Browser testing abilities using built in developer tools
- E-commerce solutions and is well-versed in e-commerce methodologies and best practices
- Previous development firm/agency environment
- Passion for web development
- Demonstrates ability to get things done
- Commitment to delivering high-quality and defect-free projects to clients
- Comfortable with both object-oriented and procedural programming methodologies
- Capable of individual “deep work”
- Ability to collaborate with a team to complete projects rapidly
- Strong time management skills, can meet deadlines consistently
- Takes direction well, but also able to make decisions and take initiative
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Stays up-to-date on the latest web technologies
- Professional, dependable, solid work ethic, detail-oriented, dedication to quality, self-motivated
- Enjoys solving problems
- Customer-centric mentality.
What You’ll Get
- Training is provided on all core platforms, tools, and technologies
- Access to hundreds of online resources, courses, and training materials
- Salary: $8,000 – $15000 / month – Negotiable.