ENTREPRENEUR OF THE WEEK- OLUBUKOLA MAKINWA
Olubukola Makinwa is a Software Engineer at Contentful – a German based company in Kreuzberg, Berlin, Germany.
Formerly a technical team lead & lead facilitator at Andela, Olubukola is a programmer/full stack developer fascinated about the web and its technologies. She wrote her first programming language (Java) as an undergraduate.
Olubukola is a self-taught programmer who rose to become one of the best in the country. Her brilliance, passion for the science of learning and her conviction that one can learn anything motivates us to take on challenges.
PROFILE OF OLUBUKOLA MAKINWA
- Olubukola Makinwa attended St Judes Private Secondary School, a member of the Jet Club becoming their Treasurer and also lead as Assistant Senior Perfect.
- She has a B.Sc. in Computer Science from the University of Babcock, graduated with a first-class degree
- She is a Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist and also has certifications from the Neuroscience of Learning and the App Evolution with Swift.
- From 2016-2018, She worked with Andela as the Lead Facilitator and Technical Team Lead. Before that, she was the lead developer at Swap Space in 2015, a company that delivers IT solutions and services. She has also worked as a technical support for GigaLayer.com and was a Web Developer at ConnectNigeria.com.
- She has worked on projects like Online Digital Library, CNV Framework, Converg (Beta Version) a web-based platform that helps coders connect, support and learn from each other in real time.
- She was once ranked no. 4 on Github’s list of best programmers in the country (Nigeria).
- She wrote her first programming language (Java) as an undergraduate.
- She originally wanted to study Mechanical or Petroleum engineering but circumstances didn’t allow that to happen.
- To keep up with the trends in tech, she does the followings: Looking out for the most in demand skills in technology, Engaging senior colleagues with various troubling questions related to tech and Subscribing to Learning Platforms (paid and free).