ENTREPRENEUR OF THE WEEK- UGOCHI UGBOMEH
Ugochi Ugbomeh is taking on the issue of public mobility in Nigeria, with her vision, she aims to tackle the issue of transportation across the country. She is the co-founder of “Tranzit”, a mobility company focusing on using technology to create world-class solutions to mobility problems in Nigeria. The startup focused on delivering solutions for both e-commerce and brick and mortar stores in Nigeria.
Tranzit is a phonetic alternative to the English word “Transit” which means – “the conveyance of people and things from one place to another. Having this in mind, Tranzit is an IT based mobility service provider.
According to them, they offer two products: Firstly, our most recent development, TaxiPixi which is a taxi e-hailing and booking service, that helps you book a taxi in 30 seconds. Secondly, TranzitIT, a technology-based delivery service that serves both e-commerce and brick and mortar merchant owners, as well as regular consumers.
She is built her career in the Information Technology space so well that her works speak for her.
PROFILE OF UGOCHI UGBOMEH
- Ugochi Ugbomeh was born and raised in Port Harcourt, Rivers State.
- She obtained a B.Sc. in Geology/Earth Science, General. from the University of Ghana.
- She also holds a Masters Degree in Information Technology from the University of Glasgow.
- Her Industry Knowledge includes all but not limited to the following: Data Analysis, Service Delivery, Project Management, Workforce Management, Business Analysis, Strategic Planning, Research, Performance Management, Analysis, Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Business Strategy, Vendor Management, IT Operations, E-commerce, Software Development and IT Management
During her interview with lioness of Africa, here are some things Ugochi Ugbomeh had to say.
- Q: Tell us a little about your team
A: The Tranzit team is amazing. It started out as 2 guys, Muyiwa and Rodney, and a girl (me). We all have a knack for IT, and are gifted in certain specialist areas of IT. For example, Muyiwa is the Logic guy, Rodney is the design guy, and I am the De-bugger (that doesn’t mean I don’t also possess the other skills I mentioned!). We are all very driven and innovative people. We also have a devoted customer service team that goes above and beyond for our customers. Without this team, I don’t think we would be where we are now.
- Q: What gives you the most satisfaction being an entrepreneur?
A: One of the main things I like about being an entrepreneur, is the opportunity to make a difference or meet a need, by doing something I enjoy and being paid for it. There is nothing more fulfilling. Also, the desire to learn, manage, control and be more responsible.
- Q: What are your top 3 pieces of advice for other women looking to start-up?
- Greater things come to those who do not wait.
- Just do it. If you fail, fail fast and succeed faster.
- Have a mentor or mentors, do not be shy to learn. No knowledge is wasted.
Her Career Journey so far
- Company: BiDTech.Co
Role: IT Consultant
- Company: Tranzit Nigeria
Role: Co-Founder/General Manager
- Company: Michrosys Technologies Limited
Role: Head of Information Technology Operations
- Company: Teleperformance
Role: Junior Resource Planner/Real-Time Analyst
- Company: Interactive Shack Ltd
Role: Chief Technical Officer/ Co-Founder