MOTIVATIONAL PERSONALITY OF THE WEEK- KINGSLEY CHIEDU MOGHALU
Kingsley Chiedu Moghalu (KCM) is a Nigerian Political Economist, Lawyer, former United Nations Official, and Professor of International Business and Public Policy at the Turfs University Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy.
He is the Founder of Sogato Strategies (LLC) and a senior adviser of the Official Monetary and Financial Institutions Forum. In 2016, KCM founded the Institute for Government and Economic Transformation.
Kingsley is also an Ex-Central Bank of Nigeria Executive.
KCM is a man of several academic achievements and degrees. He is widely read, attended and obtained both local and foreign academic qualifications. Like his father, he also took to foreign service and was able to join the United Nations in 1992, after he obtained a Master degree.
Mr. Moghalu has written and published several books and continue to strive for excellence as he puts himself forward in 2018 when he contested for the Number one (1) position in Nigeria.
PROFILE OF KINGSLEY CHIEDU MOGHALU.
- Kingsley Chiedu Moghalu (KCM) was born in Lagos in 1963 to Isaac Moghalu, a Nigerian Foreign Service Officer and Vidah Moghalu a School Teacher.
- KCM spent his early childhood years in faraway Switzerland and later in Washington DC, where his father was posted on account of his foreign service responsibility.
- Kingsley attended the Federal Government College Enugu in the late 70s’, the University of Nigeria Nsukka (UNN) in 1986 and thereafter, was called to bar at the Nigerian Law School, Lagos.
- Mr. Moghalu obtained a Masters of Arts degree in 1992 from the Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy at Tufts University, where he was the Joan Gillespie Fellow and a research assistant in the International Political Economy program.
- Later KCM also obtained a Doctorates Degree in International Relations at the London School of Economics and Political Science, University of London.
- Mr. Moghalu also earned an International Certificate in Risk Management in London. He received advanced executive education in Macroeconomics and financial sector management, corporate governance, and global strategic leadership at the International Monetary Fund Institute, Harvard University’s Kennedy school of Government, Harvard Business School, and the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania.
- KCM joined the United Nations in 1992. His first assignment was in Cambodia as a UN human rights and elections officer with the United Nations Transitional Authority in Cambodia. He was appointed political affairs officer in the department of peacekeeping operations at the UN headquarters in New York in the year 1993.
- From 1996-1997, KCM served in the former Yugoslavia as political advisor to the special representative of the UN Secretary General in Croatia. Kingsley held so many strategic positions and created a landmark in the United Nations until he resigned in 2008.
- Upon his resignation, Mr.Moghalu founded Sogato Strategies S.A, a global strategy and Risk Consultancy in Geneva.
- In 2009, the Late President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua appointed KCM to the Deputy Governor position of the Central Bank of Nigeria.
- In February 2018, Kingsley Chiedu Moghalu declared his interest to run for the Presidency of Nigeria. He chose to run under the platform of Young Progressive Party. KCM however lost the election to President Muhammadu Buhari and 72 other candidates.
- KCM has many publications to his credit, including but not limited to the following:
- Moghalu, Kingsley Chiedu (24 July,2014). Emerging Africa: How the Global Economy’s last frontier can prosper and master. Penguin UK. ISBN 9780141979465
- *Moghalu, Kingsley Chiedu (2006). Global Justice: The politics of war crime trials. Greenwood Publications Group. ISBN 9780275992972
- *Moghalu Kingsley Chiedu (15 November, 2005). Rwanda’s Genocide: Politics of global justice. Palgrave Macmillan. ISBN 9781403970817.
- He wrote an essay in the book “Breton Woods”: The Next 70 Years (2015)
- Kingsley Chiedu Moghalu is happily married to Maryanne Onyinyechi Moghalu and together they have Four (4) Children.