MOTIVATIONAL PERSONALITY OF THE WEEK – INNOCENT IFEDIASO CHUKWUMA
Innocent Ifediaso Chukwuma was born 1st October 1961 in Nnewi, Anambra State into the family of Mr. Chukwuma Mojekwu. He is the youngest child in a family of six.
After completing his primary and secondary education in his hometown, Innocent applied for admission to study Engineering at the University but, couldn’t make it due to the cut-off mark for admission / entry.
After attempting to further his education and resulting in little or no success, he went ahead and served as an apprentice under the tutelage of Chief Romanus Eze Onwuka. In 1981, he began trading in spare parts and also importing motorcycles.
He started trading with the name Innoson Nigeria Limited.
Innocent’s passion for the trading business and interest in automotive industry took the leadership of Innoson from a small/medium scale trading business into one of the largest importers, suppliers and assemblers of motorcycles, and motorcycle vehicles in Nigeria.
Today, the Innoson Group of companies is comprised of five subsidiary companies namely:
- Innoson Nigeria Limited
- Innoson Technical & Industrial Co. Ltd
- Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing (IVM)
- Innoson General Tyres and Tubes Co. Ltd
- Innoson Oil & Gas Limited
In 2013, he was appointed Deputy Chairman, Board of Trustees National Coalition for Jonathan/Sambo Presidency. This group was setup to promote the election of the former Nigerian president, Goodluck Jonathan.
The following includes some awards and recognitions received by Mr. Innocent Ifediaso Chukwuma:
- Honorary Life Vice President of Nigerian Association of Chambers of Commerce, Industry, Mines & Agriculture (NACCIMA)
- Industrialist of the Year by Nigerian Union of Journalist, Enugu State (2006)
- Award of Excellence, Manufacturers Association of Nigerian (MAN) (2008)
- Meritorious Awards by Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE) (2008)
- Business Person of the Year by the Sun Publishing Limited (2011)
- Entrepreneur of the Year by Wesley University of Science and Technology, Akure (2012)
- Auto Personality of the Year by Guild Motoring Correspondence (2013)
- Entrepreneurial Ambassador by Nigeria Arise (2014)
Mr. Innocent Ifediaso Chukwuma holds an Honorary Doctor of Management Science degree from the Nigerian Defense Academy (NDA), Kaduna, Honorary Doctorate degree in Business Administration (DBA) from Enugu State University of Science and Technology (2011), Enugu, and also was conferred Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) by University of Nigeria Nsukka (UNN).
Mr. Chukwuma currently sits on the board of IVM Innoson group of companies and is a member of the Manufacturers association of Nigeria (MAN).
He is happily married to Lolo Mrs. Ebele Chukwuma and together they have 5 children and 5 grandchildren.
Photo credit: – wealthy.com.ng