MOTIVATIONAL PERSONALITY OF THE WEEK- SEN. SIRIKA HADI
Sen. Sirika Hadi is the current Minister of the Federal Ministry of Aviation of Nigeria and Member of the Presidential Task Force COVID-19.
He is a Former Member House of Representative and assumed the Senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria in 2011, where he represents Katsina North Senatorial District under the platform of Congress for Progressive Change. He held the position of (Vice-Chairman) of the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) Committee set by the Nigerian Senate.
The arrival of the current pandemic – Coronavirus (#COVID19) in Nigeria, He was appointed as a member of the Presidential Task Force COVID-19 for his years of experience in leadership & the area of aviation.
With the growing rate of #COVID19 in Nigeria and the world, he as well as other members of the task force has been working with the United Nations, World Health Organisation Representatives and the Health Experts in Nigeria diligently to monitor, control and report the rate of spread and implement strategies to reduce the inevitable effect of the virus in Nigeria as well as Africa.
The joint effort of the ministry of aviation and ministry of foreign affairs in the evacuation of Nigerians all over the world is highly commendable, just yesterday, a total number of 160 Nigerians were brought back to Nigeria from the United State of America (USA) and immediately isolated upon arrival in Abuja.
We, at (Vi-M), wish to recognize and appreciate his efforts so far in the war against #Covid19 and his interminable service to humanity as a whole.
PROFILE OF SEN. SIRIKA HADI
- Sen. Sirika Hadiwas born on the 2nd of March,1964.
- His State of Origin is Katsina state, Nigeria.
- He is a former pilot/engineering by profession, now retired.
- His educational qualification cut across the following institutions: Petroleum Helicopters Institute, USA. Flight Safety International, United State of America. Delta Aeronautics, USA.
- He was an elder in the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) before it was merged to form All Progressive’s Congress (APC)
- As Senator, he represented Katsina Senatorial district: – Katsina North.
- He was a member of the Senate Committee on Aviation. He bared his mind, undisguised, about how not to own a private aircraft through corrupt means.
- He has spoken about issues bordering on piloting and the Aviation sector, in an interview with Jamila Nuhu Musa and Augustine Aminu while as a member of the senate committee on aviation.
- He also spoke on President Jonathan’s poor grasp of his brief and several topical issues.
- He held the position of (Vice-Chairman) of the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) Committee set by the Nigerian Senate.
- He once criticized the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) saying that “the party had run out of ideas on how to move the nation forward despite leading the country in the last 13 years”.
- He was selected for a non-political position having been among a 19-man transition committee.
- Some of his senatorial achievements include SB 298: Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria as Amended 2011 (Alteration) Bill, 2013 Sponsored bill 07/05/2013 (first reading), SB 297: Electoral Act 2010 (Amendment) Bill, 2013 07/05/2013 (first reading) & 03/04/ 2014(Second reading), and SB 296: Nigeria Polio Federation (Establishment) Bill, 2013 07/05/ 2013(first reading).
- Marital Status: Married
Celebrate You Sir, Thanks for all you do