MOTIVATIONAL PERSONALITY OF THE WEEK – SENATOR DAVID ALECHENU BONAVENTURE MARK (DABM)
PROFILE OF SENATOR DAVID ALECHENU BONAVENTURE MARK (DABM)
- Senator David Alechenu Bonaventure Mark was born on 8th April 1948 in Zungeru, Niger State.
- Senator Mark started his primary education at St. Francis Catholic practising school, closely followed by his entrance into the Nigeria Military School Zaria and the Nigerian Defence Academy.
- He was commissioned as a Second Lieutenant in 1970 and in 1971, was made a Capitan in the Nigerian Army.
- His quest for knowledge made him proceed to the College of Military Engineering, Poona, India and Military College of Telecommunications Engineering to obtain a BSc in Telecommunications from 1971 – 1975.
- He also studied at Harvard University Boston from 1991 – 1992.
- DABM is a military officer, with distinguished personality and following his hard work, dedication and passion for the country, he has served in various capacity as follows:
- Commander 1 Division Headquarters and Signal, Kaduna
- Commandant at School of Signals, Lagos
- Staff Officer at the Operations Headquarters and Signals, Lagos
- Sports Officer at the Signal Brigade Lagos
- Faculty Director of the National War College
- General Staff Officer, Grade 1 Coordinate, at the Command and Staff College, Jaji
- Commander 3rd Marine Signals Division, Port Harcourt
- Brigadier Major, Signal Brigade Lagos
- Director of Telecommunications, Army Headquarters, Lagos
- Chairman Abandoned Properties Implementation Commission
- DABM was appointed as Military Governor of Niger State in 1984 – 1986 and afterwards became the Minister of Communications in 1987.
- In 1993, he went on a self-imposed exile and returned in 1998.
- In 1999, on the platform of the People’s Democratic Party, he was elected as a Senator representing Benue South Constituency and was re-elected into office in 2003 and 2007 when he ran for Senate President and won.
- DABM was a Senator for 20 years before he retired from active politics and became a peace Ambassador of Benue state.
- He is a member of Fellow of the Nigeria Institute of Management (FNIM)
- Amongst all, DABM was awarded Grand Commander of the Office of the Nigeria (GCON)
- He received a Peace Award Nomination for the National Youth Movement for Peace and Justice (NYMP) – 2019
- Senator David Mark is happily married with Children.
source: wikipedia. Com / entrepreneurs.com
photo credit – amala.ng