MOTIVATIONAL PERSONALITY OF THE WEEK- SULLIVAN IHEANACHO CHIME
Sullivan Iheanacho Chime (SIC), father, husband, lawyer and a politician. His love to serve and build a better life for his people spurred him on in his civil service / public life, which culminated in him contesting and wining the Governorship elections in Enugu State, in April 2007.
Sullivan lives a simple life and strives to avoid any public activity that would showcase him, his family or work.
In spite of his great achievements in Enugu State, SIC was known to shun public functions, rather preferring to send a delegate than appear in person, even so, Mr. Chime shunned public fora that were inclined to celebrate his achievements, which earned him the title ‘the Silent Achiever’.
PROFILE OF SULLIVAN IHEANACHO CHIME
- Sullivan Iheanacho Chime (SIC) was born on 10th April 1959 at Park Lane Hospital, GRA – Enugu, Enugu State.
- He attended the College of Immaculate Conception (CIC) in Enugu for his secondary education between 1971 – 1976.
- He studied Law at the University of Nigeria (UNN), Enugu Campus, graduating in 1980.
- He then enrolled at the Nigerian Law School, Lagos and graduated on 10th July 1981, where he was called to the bar.
- He went into private law practice and was active for all of 17 years.
- During this time, SIC held several posts within Enugu State, but notable amongst them was the Secretary of the Nigeria Bar Association, Enugu Branch.
- He was later appointed the Special Adviser (Legal Matters) to the Governor of Enugu State – Dr. Chimaroke Nnamani.in 2001, which also culminated in him being appointed as the Attorney General and Commissioner of Justice the state – Enugu State.
- Thereafter, he went into full time politics in 2007 under the platform of People’s Democratic Party, and was elected Governor of Enugu State in April of 2007.
- He was sworn into office on 29 May 2007, succeeding Dr. Chimaroke Nnamani and was re-elected on 26 April 2011.
- SIC was succeeded by Hon. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi.
- His love for his people geared him to action and on assuming power, he developed a 4-point agenda for the state: – ‘Physical Infrastructure’, ‘Economic Expansion and Employment’, ‘Rural Development’ and ‘Service Delivery’.
- In his time as Governor of Enugu State, the state received tremendous make over and saw massive development and infrastructural setup.
- In his tenure, he constructed several new roads and upgraded several existing and dilapidated ones.
- Infrastructural development, being one of his key policy agenda received his full and undivided attention, as can be attested till date.
- Other sectors like Health, Security and Education were not left out as he indeed gave Enugu State a new look and government attention to each of these sectors.
- SIC is married and has five children: Ada, Nnamdi, Tochukwu, Ezinne, Ugomsi. He married his second wife Clara Chime in 2008.
Photo credit – blogspot.com