Ride with Magnus – January 2020 (third week edition)
Our edition this week is going to be focused on safety.
What are those “DIY” things you need to be aware of as a vehicle owner or would be owner? What periodic activities do you need to carry out on that ride to remain safe on the road (obviously with the help of the invisible hand)? What essential items should you be carrying in your car that might be required of you?
I would attempt to provide some guiding principles (not exhaustive), but basic enough to get you going.
The DIY’s that you need to perform are as follows:
- Track your engine service date to ensure you don’t get any surprises. While at this, ensure you use appropriate engine oil for servicing or maintaining your vehicles. The oil specification can be found on the cap of the “engine oil hole” in the engine or on in the vehicle manual. Carrying out period check on your oil level is highly encouraged. Most top range vehicles would indicate on the dash if and when a vehicle is due for maintenance.
- Strive to use appropriate and quality oil filters during maintenance or servicing your vehicles. If possible, buy this and hand it to the mechanic to install.
- Track your tyre pressures weekly, monthly and thereabout. This would give you great relief. And bi-annual or before / after a long trip, check the alignment and tyre balance on your vehicle. There are simple and portable tyre pressure devices that can aid you. I have experienced / noticed that our local repair centres don’t have proper gauges – so please be guided.
- Also check your vehicle radiator that the water level has not reduced. This is to ensure that you don’t get stuck while driving. Use of appropriate coolant is also welcomed.
- Strive to check your lights (front and back), along with your braking system (especially during rainy season).
- The air-conditioning system also needs to be checked, along with the power windows (if applicable). If you notice any malfunction, kindly consult your appropriate dealer or repair center. As you know we have lots of dust in the air now and the filtering system needs to be cleaned as it must be dusty right now.
In this week, below are high level details of rides we are featuring for your viewing and purchasing consumption:
- 2010 Toyota Corolla Base
- 2007 Toyota 4 Runner
- 2005 Lexus ES 330
All these rides would be easily repaired within a few days.
We would continue from here next week…
Are you interested in these rides? If yes, please take a tour of the picture and do contact us if you require any further clarifications.
At https://www.vi-mtalentassist.com/ we are providing an end-to-end service offering to all “would be talent” who purchase a vehicle through our platform. Ranging from installment payments (not more than three months), full payment on delivery, repairs and periodic maintenance, Q&A on your vehicle and a partner you can talk to on your vehicle issues.
If you are interested, I encourage you to view the pictures on this portal, place a call to speak to any of our consultants or if you prefer, speak directly to Magnus.
Magnus can be reached on +2348028646609 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.