Motivational Personality of the Week – Chude Jideonwo
PROFILE OF CHUDE JIDEONWO
Chude Jideonwo is a Nigerian born lawyer, media entrepreneur, journalist and the founder of Joy Inc., a benefit corporation based in Miami, Florida and Lagos, Nigeria with the goal of making people happier.
He is also the co-founder of The Future Project which is focused on inspiring leadership, building entrepreneurs, and using the media as a tool for social change.
- Born, lives and works in Lagos – Nigeria, started his primary and secondary education at K. Kotun Memorial Primary School, Adebola Baptist High School and Mayflower School, Ikenne (set up by Tai Solarin).
- A graduate of Law from the University of Lagos and was the best graduating student in Land Law.
- Called to the Nigerian Bar in November 2007. And subsequently obtained a master’s degree in Communication and Media studies from the Pan-African University.
- Chude is well read, having certificates of completion from schools such as Strathmore Business School, Lagos Business School, Said Business school and University of Oxford.
- At an early age of 15years, his career started in the media and entertainment industry with the Nigerian Television Authority (NTA) as a TV presenter.
- Chude Jideonwo has been linked to various Television shows such as, Inside out with Agatha, New Dawn and The Academy, just to mention a few.
- Chude came in contact with his future partners, while working with Funmi Iyanda on New Dawn. In conjunctions with this partners, RedStrat was born which is focused on using the media as an active tool to inspire and drive young people to action.
- As an editor and published author, he has written and edited more than 15 publications within and outside of Nigeria.
- He joined the defunct NEXT Newspapers, as Copy Editor (youngest in that position), from where he became a member of the paper’s editorial board.
- He is the Co-Founder and Managing Partner of Red Media Africa / The Future Project, a full service media-content, communication and development company that has worked for several national and international brands. The firm also owns “The Future Nigeria Awards”, reputed as Nigeria’s biggest youth event.
- Chude Jideonwo is also Founder / CEO of Joy Inc. a teaching and media company – registered as a benefit corporation, with its profits invested in selected charities – mainstreaming the research and evidence on human flourishing to transform the culture and build a new generation of Africans focused on the greatest happiness for the greatest many.
- He has been awarded the Winner in the British Council Telling stories competition, listed among the 4o under 40 by BusinessDay, CNBC Young Business Leader of the Year awardee and also listed as the 30 under 30 Africa’s Best Young Entrepreneurs by Forbes.
- In 2017, Chude was selected by the Yale University as a Greenberg Fellow, while in 2018 alongside 17 other young leaders from all over Africa, he was selected for the Tutu Leadership Programme for the year.
- He is also a Fellow of the Ibadan School of Government and Public Policy.
- He cares about causes such as arts & culture, civil rights and social action, economic empowerment, human rights and politics.