MOTIVATIONAL PERSONALITY OF THE WEEK- JUBRIL ENAKELE
Jubril Enakele is one man who has built his competent and an outsourcing repetition for himself over the years in the “Livewire” sector of the economy Banking, he has over 15 years of international and local experience across various aspects of banking including Banking Operations, Credit Analysis, Risk Management, Client Coverage, Investment Banking, Corporate Finance and Derivatives across Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
He began his career in banking in 2000 in Nigeria, before joining Citibank Nigeria in 2004 and Citibank Global Markets London as a Vice President in 2008. He moved to Standard Bank London in 2010 as a Director and led their Commodity Derivatives – Energy Sales business for West Africa before joining Deutsche Bank AG London in 2011 as the Director for Capital Markets & Treasury Solutions for sub-Saharan Africa (excluding South Africa).
During the course of his career, Jubril has been involved in several landmark transactions across sub-Saharan Africa, including raising financing from international capital markets for various African sovereigns such as Nigeria, Ethiopia, Ghana, Zambia, Ivory Coast including raising finance for indigenous corporates and financial institutions in Nigeria and sub-Saharan Africa.
PROFILE OF JUBRIL ENAKELE
- Jubril Enakele had his secondary school education at Lagos State Model College, Badore
- He is a graduate of Economics from the University of Calabar, Cross River, Nigeria.
- He has a Master’s Degree in Public Policy from the University College London.
- He has other educational and professional certifications to his name such as:
- Chartered Institute for Securities and Investment, UK – Commodity Derivatives
- London Business School – Corporate Finance
- Chartered Institute of Bankers of Nigeria – Honorary Senior Member Grade Certificate
- University of Oxford – Said Business School – Advanced Management and Leadership
5. He holds memberships of the Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria, Nigerian Institute of Management, Institute of Credit Administration of Nigeria and Chartered Institute of Bankers of Nigeria.
6. He is also an Associate Member of the Chartered Institute for Securities and Investment (ACSI), UK, and is approved by the Financial Conduct Authority UK (FCA) and the SEC, Nigeria.
7. His banking career path has been impressive and a good exemplar, as earlier mentioned, it began in 2000. But from where actually, let’s take a walk through it.
- Polaris Bank Ltd – Analyst
- Zenith Bank Group – Senior Banking Officer
- Citigroup – Vice President
- Standard Bank – Director, Energy Sales (Africa)
- Deutsche Bank – Director
- Quantum Zenith – Managing Director / Chief Executive Officer (May 2015- April 2019)
8. He has been involved in notable international debt capital market transactions for African Sovereigns and Corporates raising over $10bn for Africa-based issuers.
9. He has gained recognition for repositioning Quantum Zenith Capital Limited as a leading player in Nigeria’s Capital Markets and Corporate Finance space.
10. In 2018, Zenith Capital was recognized as Deal Advisor of the Year at he Banking and Financial Institutions Awards in Nigeria.
11. Jubril is the founder of PFA (www.professionalsforafrica.com), a non-profit networking platform for over 1200 African professionals in London.
12. He is also among the Class of 2018 Honouree for the Most Influencial People of Africa Descent (MIPAD)-(www.mipad.org).