MOTIVATIONAL PERSONALITY OF THE WEEK – KEMI ADETIBA
- Kemi Adetiba is an award winning cinematographer, film maker, music and video director known for her works in the entertainment industry.
- She is a law graduate, born in Lagos – Nigeria and has built her brand in a tremendous way, which made it easy for her to feature on Channel O, MTV Base, Soundcity TV, BET, Netflix and many more.
- She has headlined two national television commercials for the iconic detergent brand OMO, despite starting her career on Nigeria radio.
- She made her debut on radio with Rythm 93.7fm before she went into film production.
- She was the voice behind the two very popular shows Soul’d Out and her signature, Sunday at the Seaside on radio.
- She produced and co-presented several shows on Mnet which include; Studio 53 and Temptation Nigeria.
- Her career on radio was superb and this got her nominations for the future Nigeria Awards for the On-Air-Personality of the year for five years consecutively.
- In 2011, she became the first double-nominee in the history of the awards for screen producer and director of the year.
- Asides being a film maker, she is also a very intelligent film producer, she has produced blockbuster movies such as “The Wedding Party” and “King of Boys” starring the likes of Ali Baba, Banky W, Sola Sobowale and music star, Reminisce.
- As a music director, she has directed very popular musical videos for a number of artist in Nigeria.
- Her first video shoot for the song “Ekundayo” by singer/songwriter TY Bello, got the Best Female Video at the 2009 SoundCity Music Awards. Omawumi’s video “Today Na Today” was named Best Female Video at the NEA in New York and was nominated for Best Music Video at the 2010 SoundCity Awards.
- Kemi also directed Banky W.’s “Lagos Party” and was named Best Editing and Best Male Video nominations at that year’s SoundCity Awards.
- In 2007, after years of success in the entertainment industry, her love of storytelling made her enrol in the New York Film Academy.
- Today, she is an award-winning director, producer and cinematographer.
- She was a speaker and judge at 2010’s FIVECC 2010 (Music Film Festival) in Alicante, Spain.