Motivational Personality of the Week – Mr. Emeka Akano
PROFILE OF MR. EMEKA AKANO
Emeka Akano is an enthusiast and award-winning Tech Entrepreneur. He is the Co-Founder and CEO of Jara Mobile Limited, a start-up that runs an innovative bills payment platform that integrates retailers and consumers under one platform.
- Emeka Akano is a holder of a BSc in Electrical and Electronic Engineering from Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Ghana, and an MSc in Electrical Technology for Sustainable and Renewable Energy Systems from the University of Nottingham, Uk.
- In 2014, he obtained a certificate in Entrepreneurial Management from the Pan-Atlantic University (Lagos business school.)
- He has worked in various organisations across different roles before co-founding Jara Mobile Limited. He was an IT Intern in Shell Oil Company, an IT Administrator in Nigeria Communications Commission, a Project Leader and Research Engineer in Termate Limited and a Partnership Team Assistant (Energy) in The University of Nottingham.
- In 2012, he became the Business Development Officer/Co-Founder of Entarado Limited, a Web Development company that develops technological solutions for businesses and organisations in Nigeria.
- He is the CEO and Co-Founder of Jara Mobile Limited, a bills payment company that integrates retailers into one loyalty programme, giving customers the flexibility of doing more with their respective disposable income. In addition, he helps brands acquire customers more economically and measure their advertising reach effectively.
- Emeka Akano also hopes to expand his operations into other African countries.
- Emeka is a Forbes Africa’s 30 under 30 Entrepreneur (Forbes Africa’s Most Promising Young Entrepreneurs list 2015 and volunteers as the Brand Ambassador for Founder2be.
- Emeka’s key expertise are in Engineering and IT, Product Development, Strategy and Planning.