Motivational Personality of the Week – Mr. Leonard Stanley Nnamdi Ekeh
PROFILE OF MR. LEONARD STANLEY NNAMDI EKEH
Mr. Leonard Stanley Nnamdi Ekeh is an innovative businessman with exceptional entrepreneurial skills. He is popularly known as “Leo-Stan” and currently serves as the Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Zinox Technologies Limited (ZTL) and Buyright Africa Dotcom Limited. Leo-Stan has substantial stake in the ICT industry in Nigeria. He is affiliated with other technology companies (some of which he founded) such as Task Systems Limited, Technology Distributions Limited, ICT Brokers, TD Plus, Zinox Telecoms and ICT Connect.
Mr. Ekeh is a major voice in Nigeria’s ICT industry. Beyond the fame and wealth associated with this industry, Leo-Stan is more passionate about how Nigeria can benefit and leap frog other countries with the use of ICT in its daily operations, as demonstrated by his interactions and lectures at the Lower House of the National Assembly in Nigeria.
Mr. Leonard Stanley Nnamdi Ekeh was born in Ubomiri Mbaitoli Local Government Area in Imo State, Nigeria. He became an ICT industry leader in 2001 when he founded ZTL, which is Nigeria’s First internationally certified branded computers.
- Leonard attained his elementary and secondary education in Nigeria. He further obtained his first degree in Economics from Punjab University, India and subsequently a PGD in Risk Management from the Nottingham University in the United Kingdom.
- He is the founder and owner of Task Systems (1985), a company dealing in desktop publishing, computer graphics and sale of ICT related accessories. Task Systems handled the computerization of several business operations in the print media, publishing houses and advertising agencies in Nigeria.
- With the establishment of Technological Distributions (TD) he was able to set the pace in the sales, support and implementation of sundry computer systems, telecoms and other critical IT related solutions. Following how successful this business was, TD attained preferred partnership status with other notable software and ICT companies and was well decorated as a major ICT distributor in the region.
- Mr. Leonard Stanley Nnamdi Ekeh’s other business interest include, ICT Brokers, TD Plus, ICT Connect, Zinox Telecoms and Buy Right Dotcom.
- In 2001, he founded Zinox Technology Limited, a company that dominates the ICT landscape in Nigeria. ZTL designed Nigeria’s First internationally certified branded computers.
- ZTL holds the WHQL Certified Brand – WHQL is the Windows Hardware Quality Labs testing. It is Microsoft’s testing process which entails series of tests on third-party hardware or software. Thereafter, submitting the log files from these tests to Microsoft for review. The procedure may also include Microsoft running their own tests on a wide range of equipment, such as different hardware and different Microsoft Windows editions.
- ZTL computers and accessories have distinctive features which sets them apart from other competitor products, such as the inclusion of the Nigerian Naira sign and power regulating ability designed to curtail the fluctuating electricity supply in this part of the country / region / world – another true testament of “Made in Nigeria”.
- ZTL also launched its Zinox Z-pad in 2013 and won the IT Global Platinum Awards. Mr. Ekeh’s products are duly certified by relevant Global International Standards and by the Nigeria Manufacturers Association, locally.
- Mr. Leonard Stanley Nnamdi Ekeh has won several awards, including but not limited to, Officer of the Order of the Federal Republic (OFR), ICT personality of the year, Corporate Citizen of the year, Information Technology Personality of the year, Life Membership of the Institute of International Affairs, over 20 honorary fellowship awards from Federal and State Polytechnics in Nigeria and so on.
- He is an advocate of using ICT in every aspect of our business and working life, regardless of whether you have a computer degree / training or not. He has been advancing the use of ICT for elections and the need to adopt electronic voting in Nigeria, following his lecture on the benefits of its use to the lower house of the National Assembly, amongst other interactions.
- As a Philanthropist, Leonard gives back to his community and as such, established a foundation – Leo Stan Ekeh Foundation. This foundation offers relief materials to deserving persons and organization and with special mention to the Ibeanusi family and others affected in demolition of Ekeukwu Owere Market in Owerri.
- Leonard has built schools, donated several computers to different establishments across the country. He also built the ICT labs and technological parks at Federal and State Tertiary education centers.
- He recently acquired Konga online market and looking to establish his presence and that of his family in this space.
- Mr. Leonard Stanley Nnamdi Ekeh is happily married with children and has a stable home.