Motivational Personality of the Week – Nkiru Olumide-Ojo
PROFILE OF NKIRU OLUMIDE-OJO
Nkiru Olumide-Ojo is a marketing and corporate communication professional. She is the Regional Head of Marketing and Communications of Standard Bank Group a position she holds till date. Her rise to this position at Standard Bank was not a short journey, but a long one that took perseverance, training, dedication and required skills.
She also runs a women’s networking group called the Lighthouse Network. She is a wife, mother and a female enthusiast and recently an author with the publication of her book.
- Nkiru obtained her first degree from the University of Calabar in biological sciences, along with a Post Graduate Diploma. Mrs. Olumide-Ojo then obtained a Master of Arts in Strategic Marketing Management from the Kingston University London.
- She started her professional career with CMC connect as a Senior Client Executive where she worked on notable brands in Nigeria, developing her client’s business through best practice public relations initiatives.
- She then moved through several other organisations from, Virgin Atlantic, Virgin Nigeria, OliviaEthan Communications (which she co-founded), Bharti Airtel Nigeria, Forte Oil PLC, Stanbic IBTC and Standard Bank Group, all of which she held leadership positions in Marketing, Branding and Corporate Communications.
- With almost two (2) decades of experience in Marketing, Brand and Corporate Communications, Nkiru assumed the position of Regional Head of Marketing and Communication with the Standard Bank Group, based in South Africa.
- In 2013, she founded the LightHouse Women’s Network, a female networking group where women support each other’s personal development and by effect the community, our country and the continent. Nkiru is constantly looking for ways to improve the groups engagement and as such attends several social development activities, church engagements and comedy festivals.
- Mrs. Olumide-Ojo kept a weekly column in Business Day for almost 7 years writing about her travails and triumphs in the daily challenge’s women face, while balancing work, life and family.
- She also published a book: – The Pressure Cooker, which chronicles her personal experiences as a working wife and mother. The Pressure Cooker was written with the aim to encourage women struggling to balance work with life and family that they do not have to find answers all by themselves. Rather, they can learn from those who have gone through this journey.
- Nkiru has won awards within and outside the Marketing and Communications industry including NIPRO’s top 40 under 40 Marketing World’s leading Women in Marketing and Communication, Marketing Personality of the year 2016, amongst others.
- She cares about Arts and culture, civil rights and social action, children, economic empowerment, women empowerment, human rights and social services.
- Nkiru Olumide-Ojo is married with a stable home.