Motivational Personality of the Week- Okechukwu Enelamah
- Okechukwu Enelamah(born 1964) is Nigeria’s Minister of Industry, Trade and Investment.
- Enelamah earned a Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka in 1985.
- Enalamah worked as an Audit Senior and Consultant at Arthur Anderson (now KPMG Professional Services) from 1988.
- He qualified as a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN) in 1992.
- He earned Dean’s List honours in his MBBS graduating class at the University of Nigeria, and was awarded national prizes in the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN) examinations.
- He worked in the New York and London offices of Goldman Sachs in 1993.
- He was elected George F. Baker Scholar and designated Loeb Fellow for academic excellence in the area of finance at the Harvard Graduate School of Business Administration, where he earned a Masters in Business Administration (MBA) with distinction in 1994.
- He became a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) in 1997 (one of the first few to qualify as CFA in the country).
- He joined Zephyr Management as an investment manager where he rose to Principal in the Johannesburg office between 1995 and 1997.
- Enelamah founded African Capital Alliance (ACA), a private equity firm, in 1997 where he served as CEO until his appointment to the Industry, Trade, and Investment portfolio in November 2015 as the Honorable Minister.
- He is a Pastor in his local church.
- With five funds and an excess of $700m of assets under management, Okey’s firm, Africa Capital Alliance (ACA), is the largest Private Equity firm in Nigeria, and one of the largest in West Africa.
- Okey is on the board of UAC of Nigeria, Cornerstone Insurance Plc, e-Tranzact Global Limited, TechnoServe, Africa Leadership Initiative West Africa and Africa Venture Capital Association. He is also the Chairman of the Boards of Flavours Food Limited and Landmark Property Development Company (LPDC).