Motivational Personality of the Week – Olajumoke Olufunmilola Adenowo
PROFILE OF OLAJUMOKE OLUFUNMILOLA ADENOWO
Mrs. Olajumoke Olufunmilola Adenowo is an award winning African architect, entrepreneur, philanthropist and Principal Partner / Founder of AD Consulting Limited, an architecture and design firm head quartered in Nigeria.
She is also an author, a motivational speaker, radio host and lectures on architecture, issues affecting women and strives to empower and support aspiring women in business, irrespective of their field.
- Mrs. Olajumoke Olufunmilola Adenowo was born in 1968 to parents who were professors. She lived majorly on campus with her parents, which brought about a better educational foundation.
- Mrs. Adenowo attended the Federal Government Girls College, Oyo State and received several awards for her academic excellence in secondary education.
- She enrolled at the Obafemi Awolowo University at age 14 and graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Architecture at age 19.
- Thereafter, she went further to obtain her Masters of Science in Architecture with a distinction from the same university in 1991.
- Mrs. Olajumoke Olufunmilola Adenowo is also an alumnus of the Yale School of Management (2016), The IESE Business School at the University of Navarra in Barcelona, Spain (2005) and Lagos Business School Chief Executive Programme (2002).
- She started her professional career as an assistant architect with Towry Coker Associates. She later joined Femi Majekodunmi Associates as an architect and at age 23, she was part of the team that worked on the Federal Ministry of Finance project in Abuja.
- Mrs. Olajumoke Olufunmilola Adenowo was 26 years, when she founded AD Consulting Limited, a leading Nigerian-based architecture and design firm.
- Her company has been involved in design and construction of several prominent projects in Nigeria, in the private, public sectors of the country. Her project ranges from government residential and office buildings, industrial and healthcare sectors, financial and corporate designs for notable clienteles in Nigeria.
- AD stands for Architecture and Design that offers complete architectural services and interior architecture/design services.
- Her firm is certified and recommended by the British Chamber of Commerce for Architectural Services in Nigeria with several high profile companies under her belt.
- As a philanthropist, Mrs. Olajumoke Olufunmilola Adenowo founded her NGO Awesome Treasures Foundation (ATF) in 1999, and has empowered over 12,000 women.
- ATF runs an education camp to address the education gap for kids, Awesome Princess for young girls in the inner city at risk for sexual abuse and mentors and groom women for Leadership and entrepreneurship.
- She has received numerous awards and accolades, including the Rare Gem Award, the Women’s Optimum Development Foundation (WODEF) and the United Nations Information Centre (UNIFEM). Also, she has received a professional award for Best Public Service Architecture by International Property Awards Africa, Best Office Architecture by African Property Awards Architecture and the New Africa Woman in Business Award by New African Woman Magazine, amongst others.
- She speaks on several leadership and entrepreneurial platforms including the Harvard Business School and Africa Business Conferences. She is a regular radio host on weekly Leadership program – Voice of Change.
- Mrs. Olajumoke Olufunmilola Adenowo has published several books such as Child of Destiny, Covenant Forces, The Mysterious seed: Powerful Secrets of Financial Increase, Lifespring: The Mother’s Prayer Manual and Designed for Marriage, a book on advice for marriage.
- She is affiliated with various organisations such as Nigerian Institute of Architects, Leadway Tours and Travels Limited, International Coaching Federation, European Coaching Institute and Centre for Social Reformation etc.
- Olajumoke is married with a stable home.
Photo credit “theseptemberstandard.com”.