Motivational Personality of the Week – Ommo Clark
PROFILE OF OMMO CLARK
Ommo Clark is a Nigerian (NG) and United Kingdom (UK) groomed software designer. She is the Founder and CEO of iBez Nigeria. Her Company – iBez Nigeria provides software development and training services to organisations and individuals located in emerging and underserved communities.
The aim of the Company is to grow several businesses and solve normal problems using software technologies. iBez Nigerian comprises of software developers, techpreneurs, software enthusiasts, geeks and strategists who are passionate about using software development and technologies to bridge existing gaps in businesses.
Ommo Clark is a qualified Software Development Practitioner and Technology Entrepreneur with vast experience that covers Program Management, Business Analysis, System Design, Application Testing, Application Support, Change Management, Release Management and Vendor Management. She has experience working in several firms within NG and the UK.
- Ommo Clark hold a B.Sc. in Business Administration from the London Guildhall University, UK and an M.Sc. in Information Systems from the Brunel University, UK.
- After her education pursuit, she started her career in International Development and then proceed to work as an application support consultant with Real Asset Management UK, then left to join Lehman Brothers (a UK investment bank) as team leader in the Mortgage Capital Division of the bank. Some years later, she joined Icelandic Invest Bank UK as an IT Project Manager.
- In 2008, she returned to Nigeria, started off with a software solutions company as Head of Project Delivery and Support.
- She later joined International Development Company as Chief Operating Officer (COO) in 2012.
- One year after (2013), she elected to start iBez Nigeria, her own indigenous technology company, to promote and showcase locally developed software applications and associated platforms.
- Ommo Clark started her ICT company initiatives and activities from her laptop.
- iBez is a software house. They provide bespoke application development services and proprietary software products to businesses, and have a number of innovative internet based businesses offering various services to consumers.
- iBez solutions are custom-made to the unique needs and requirements of its customers. Some of iBez solution offering include the following:
- Handy-Jacks – an online platform that allows users find repair and maintenance people (handymen, tradespeople, artisans etc.) closer to them.
- Coding – assisting business / individuals in designing and building customized applications, ranging from websites, online portals, ecommerce, mobile applications and so on.
- Training – delivering digital training for entrepreneurs, business owners and professionals who need to use digital technologies as part of their job or to run their businesses and training of would-be software developers.
- Let’s Share – a secure online platform for home seekers to find spare bedrooms to rent in a house or flat-share (to be released in Q1 of 2019).
- Her first solution offering was Handy Jacks, born out of the desire to help Nigerians solve some of their basic everyday challenges.
- The inspiration for this app came from the fact that, like so many other Nigerians, she couldn’t find competent tradespeople for her household repair and maintenance jobs, though there were many tradespeople at the grassroots level.
- iBez also have a gaming application, a hotel reservation application, and a couple of e-commerce sites to come.
- Ommo is passionate about using software technologies to contribute to the socio-economic development of the Nigeria communities.
- Ommo Clark is frequently called upon to speak and participate in conferences and events as it affects digital technology.
- Ommo Clark has been as one of the 21 female Technology / Digital game-changers on the African Continent (2018), 21 most inspiring women entrepreneurs in Nigeria (2017), by the Lionesses of Africa.
- She is also amongst the 41 Nigerian Female Entrepreneurs putting Nigeria on the global map and 48th most innovative persons in Technology in Nigeria