Motivational Personality of the Week – Tonye Rex Idaminabo
PROFILE OF TONYE REX IDAMINABO
Tonye Rex Idaminabo, born June 1985, is a Nigerian lawyer and serial entrepreneur. He is the Founder / Principal Partner of African Achievers Awards, the CEO of African Achievers Media, and an Executive Director at Reputation Poll International – a Global Reputation management agency that focuses on creating, profiling and promoting brands.
- Tonye Rex Idaminabo holds an LLM degree from Glasgow Caledonian University in Glasgow Scotland. He is the first West-African to be on the Advisory Board of World Leaders Forum, Dubai.
- Tonye has accomplished a strong record of success in Glasgow; fighting for the rights and making sure the voices of Black and Minority Ethnic groups are heard. Due to his passion and commitment to excellence and humanity, he was appointed as the Deputy CEO of Transforming African Initiative (a registered Charity in the United Kingdom).
- He was also elected the President of the Nigerian Student Society of Glasgow Caledonian University Scotland. During his reign as president, he successfully piloted a national conference tagged “Building a Greater Nigeria” which brought together Nigerians and non-Nigerians to share thoughts on the progress of Nigeria. The conference was attended by the Vice Chancellor of the university, a member of UK parliament, an adviser to the Nigerian president, the Nigerian Ambassador to the United Kingdom, academics as well as students from all levels of study.
- Tonye was elected the secretary to the Niger Delta Professionals, United Kingdom, and also appointed member of the central working committee of the Scottish Pan African Initiative. He also had the opportunity to engage with some of the top political leaders in the UK when he was appointed the community advisor to David Miliband’s (former foreign secretary UK) Movement for Change (Future Leaders Training).
- He was selected as a delegate to attend sittings at the International Court of Justice (ICJ) at The Hague, the European Parliament Brussels, the European Commission in Luxemburg as well as the European Court of Justice in November 2010. These engagements added to the wealth of experience and introduced more new realities that will no doubt be useful in his practice as a legal practitioner.
- He strongly believes that people accomplish more when they are properly motivated, and Africa more than ever needs to be motivated in order to exceed in its challenges. Celebrating African Achievers is one way of doing this, as it not only encourages them carry on the good work, but it also inspires the young to dare to do even more. This is the basis upon which the African Achievers Awards was founded.
- The Awards aim to motivate all African leaders including the future leaders by recognizing the persons and organizations that have contributed remarkably to the development of Africa. African Achievers Awards is a yearly event bestowed on Africa’s most accomplished achievers who devote their time and talents toward improving Africa’s international profile and building stronger, integrated communities in Africa.
- Now in its eighth year, previous recipients of the award have included Nobel Prize winner Archbishop Desmond Tutu, Zimbabwean businesswoman Divine Ndhlukula, the Kofi Annan Foundation and Nigerian media mogul John Momoh.
- Tonye has won countless awards, honors and recognitions. Amongst them is an honor by the Cambridge University in London and a rank among the 100 most Influential Young Africans.
- The Forbes rated serial entrepreneur is also the Co-founder of the Young CEOs Business Forum.