NIPC Launches iGuide Nigeria
Yesterday, 17 May 2018, the Nigerian Investment Promotion Commission (NIPC) launched iGuide Nigeria– an easy to use online platform, providing investors (existing and potential business owners/stakeholders essentially) with up-to-date and pertinent information on the processes, procedures and basic costs of doing business in Nigeria.
In our opinion, this compendium represents a true milestone by the Federal Government towards ‘Ease of Doing Business’ in Nigeria. It contains pertinent information, processes and legal frameworks on:
- Starting a new business in Nigeria; business types and incorporation/ registration processes (although this has not been updated by the few changes to the Companies and Allied Matters Act, made this week)
- The Nigerian labour market/ populace
- Production factors, utilities and infrastructure
- Land acquisition and administration, construction permits/procedures and free trade zones
- Taxes and tax procedures
- Investor rights, protections, repatriation of funds and the Enabling Business Environment.
- Growth sectors and opportunities
- Country map and statistics
- Socio-economic profile of all the States in the country and their key contact information.
These information are now compiled in one place and can easily be accessed and read by anyone who wishes to read- a true empowerment for investors.
The iGuide can be accessed on http://theiguides.org/public-docs/guides/nigeria.