MOTIVATIONAL PERSONALITY OF THE WEEK- EMMANUEL I.U. OJEI
Emmanuel Isichei Ugochukwu Ojei is the Executive Chairman, Managing Director and Founder of Nuel Ojei Holdings, a conglomerate that maintains a highly diversified investment platform with its tentacles spread across automobile, banking, insurance, oil & gas, solid minerals, energy and telecommunications.
He set out to establish Nuel Ojei Holdings in 1976. This proved to be a bit tasking in a city as big as Lagos, according to the young entrepreneur.
Mr Ojei encountered numerous challenges, which includes getting the required capital to birth his business, registering his business, acquisition of business premises, payment of support staff, electric bills and other expenses needed to enable him succeed as an entrepreneur.
Nuel Ojei as he is fondly called belongs to the category of rag to riches Nigerian entrepreneurs who started with nothing but walked their ways through the turbulent waters, huddles and breaking barriers to attain success.
Today, Nuel Ojei Holdings has its business operations in various sectors of the economy and is worth billions of dollars.
PROFILE OF EMMANUEL I.U OJEI
- Emmanuel Ojei was born in 1951 in Lagos, Nigeria.
- He had both his primary and secondary education in Lagos.
- Afterwards, he progressed to Issele-Uku Technical college, Issele-Uku, Delta State, Nigeria, where he bagged an Ordinary National Diploma (OND) in Business Administration and Management between 1970 to 1972.
- In 1973, He started off his career as a sales manager with Rutam Motors Limited, a part of Ibru Organization.
- In 1976, after acquiring the skills and knowledge he desired, he left Rutam Motors to establish his own business.
- In 1989, Dr Ojei was able to get his company incorporated as Nuel Ojei Holdings Limited (NOH) and barely two decades NOH was incorporated, it rapidly evolved as a major player in the Nigerian business landscape under the visionary leadership of its founder, Dr Ojei.
- NOH Group has over 10 business units and associate companies in the automobile, banking, insurance, oil and gas, solid minerals, energy and telecommunications industry.
- Dr Ojei expanded his business tentacles to some of the major commercial cities in Nigeria such as Abuja, Port Harcourt and Asaba, including overseas liaison offices in Germany and the UK.
- In 2011, He was recognized as one of the ‘‘50 founding fathers’’ of Delta State, by the State Governor, Dr Emmanuel Uduaghan during the state’s 20th anniversary, for his industry, integrity, professional expertise and contributions towards the development of the state and the Nation at large.
- He was also given an Honorary Doctorate Degree by the Prestigious Delta State University, Abraka, Nigeria.
- He is happily married and blessed with children.