Motivational Personality of the Week – Oyindamola Honey Ogundeyi
PROFILE OF OYINDAMOLA HONEY OGUNDEYI
Oyindamola Honey Ogundeyi, is a Nigerian serial technology and fashion entrepreneur, Management Consultant, Internet and Brand Manager, and the founder of Fashpa.com.
Fashpa.com (coined from fashion parade while in high school), is an e-commerce global market place that connects buyers to small and medium sized fashion brands across Africa and the world. The main aim of Fashpa.com, is to provide on trend clothing at pocket friendly prices using technology, while also focusing on sourcing, logistics, customer service and user experience. Fashpa.com is Nigeria’s premier online fashion retail market with global reach.
- Oyindamola Honey Ogundeyi started her secondary education at Queen’s College Yaba – Lagos, but finished off at the Alexandra College in Dublin – Ireland.
- She subsequently obtained her first degree in Public Policy, Government and Management from the University of Birmingham in the United Kingdom.
- Honey as she is fondly called by her peers, has over 11 years of experience in consulting, internet and brand management.
- She has worked with companies such as Heirs Alliance, Lagos Nigeria (a member of the United Bank for Africa Group), Mckinsey & Company Belgium, Ericsson Sweden and Lagos offices and finally Google Lagos Nigeria, before venturing into the entrepreneurship arena.
- While working at Google, Oyindamola started a ‘side hustle’ as a result of some difficulties or challenges she faced shopping. This side hustle then grew into Fashpa.com, following the dedication and time she allocated to this initiative.
- Fashpa.com was founded in 2014, operating out of Lagos with its main focus on bridging the gap between quality products and affordable prices, using smart technology to connect its clientele all over Africa.
- Fashpa.com also connects global buyers to small and medium sized fashion brands and artisans across Africa, while striving to maintain its vision.
- Oyindamola Honey Ogundeyi helps in educating and encouraging other young entrepreneurs by sharing her experiences as an entrepreneur on her video blogs #sidehustletoempire available on YouTube.
- She has been widely recognized as a pioneer of fashion online retail business in Nigeria and is one of the personalities shaping Africa’s fashion technology landscape.
- Oyindamola Honey Ogundeyi has received various awards and accolades such as, being appointed to the Facebook SME Council for Nigeria, top 10 innovators in Africa by the World Economic Forum and 10 most influential young Nigerians under 40 in technology.
- Others include, listed by Forbes as one of the top 10 women emerging entrepreneurs to watch/follow in Africa, selected as an ambassador for the Junior Achievement of Nigeria (I am JAN) campaign and recognized as a One Young World Ambassador.
- She continues to mentors and lead various women in technology initiatives.